The service charges we receive merely cover our administrative or non-human infrastructure expenses. Our teachers and administrative staff receive basic necessities from funds derived from non-designated donations that our supporters regularly give. The main principle that SrilaPrabhupada emphasized – that teachers not get salaries or charge for transferring transcendental knowledge – has always been, and remains a cornerstone of our ethos.
Please note that our service charges do not include giving any daksina to the teachers. The Vedic system is for students to offer daksina in order to gain the most from learning. Teachers do not charge, and students freely give. So, we strongly encourage our students to offer their teachers some donation, whether money or gifts or service, remembering that most of our teachers are renunciates with no means of support other than charity.
“Any sacrifice performed without regard for the directions of scripture, without distribution of prasadam [spiritual food], without chanting of Vedic hymns and remunerations to the priests, and without faith is considered to be in the mode of ignorance.”
“Charity should be given to the devotees of Krishna who are engaged in His devotional service to spread the Krishna philosophy, or Krishna consciousness, throughout the world. …if one gives some amount of his money to persons involved in distributing Krishna consciousness, that charity, given to spread Krishna consciousness, is the greatest charity in the world.”
Bhagavad-gita 11.54, Purport
ISKCON Disciple Course
VTE Teacher Training 1
VTE Teacher Training 2
Bhakti-sastri Teacher Training
Please note that contributions cover the study materials and administrative expenses connected with conducting the courses. BBT published books used in the course, Accommodation, prasadam and travels are not included.
Please note that we will be unable to refund the service charges for the course (Course Fee), once received, under any circumstances whatsoever
REQUIREMENTS FOR COURSES
Courses offered by us have requirements that need to be met before you will be admitted for study. For all courses, you will need to complete a registration form and provide a reference. Just choose the desired course and click the ‘Enroll now’ button. Only when both the registration and reference are received by us will you be considered registered for your chosen course.
Our courses are conducted in English, unless otherwise stated. Your command of English should be sufficient for you to study Srila Prabhupada’s books, and be favorably assessed.
Most courses have a service charge, which can be paid at the beginning of course.
Good sadhana, brahminical tendencies, voluntary service, proficiency in English/Hindi and a recommendation from a counselor/ senior devotee who knows you well is required in general for all sastric courses. Assessment criteria include attendance and personal conduct.
Following are the minimum specific requirements for admission to each course:
Bhakti-sastri (and all sastric and BOEX approved title courses)
- You must chant 16 rounds of japa daily and follow the four regulative principles from atleast one year.
- You must be recommended by an ISKCON authority who knows you well, certifying that you have been engaged favorably in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least the previous 12 months.
- The Bhakti Sastri course highly recommends the students to read all the 5 books such as Bhagavad Gita, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction, Ishopanishad and SrilaPrabhupadaLilamrita before commencing the course. We can accept your registration on your assurance that you will read these books at least once before coming for the course. This is required because the course is interactive and conducted as discussions and other group activities based on the books. So it is essential that you read these books to be able to participate and fully benefit from the course.
- You must be 18 years or above in age.
Bhakti vaibhava course
- as for the Bhakti-sastri Course, plus
- You must have completed a BOEX approved Bhakti-sastri
- as for the BhaktivaibhavaCourse, plus
- You must have completed a BOEX approved Bhaktivaibhava
- You must have completed VTE Teacher Training Course 1
- You must have completed both a BOEX approved Bhakti-sastri Course and a VTE Teacher Training Course 1.